Purina Omolene 500 Horse Feed is now formulated with Outlast Gastric Support Supplement.
It took over 100 years of industry-leading research and innovation to build today’s Purina Omolene horse feed lineup. We started with naturally nutritious high-quality whole grains packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients and prebiotic fibers.
From there, countless nutrition studies and feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center led to scientific breakthroughs that keep our formulas on the cutting-edge of equine nutrition and performance.
Because only innovations proven to have the highest level of performance and safety earn their place in Purina Omolene horse feeds, you can feed with full confidence.
Whether you need to fuel intense competitive performance, support your horse’s gastric health or nourish the growth of the next generation of equine athletes, Omolene feeds are built to help solve your toughest nutritional challenges.
Purina Omolene 500 Horse Feed is formulated for hard-working and endurance equine athletes.
Stop into Southside Feed & Supply located in Athens, Texas for your supply of Purina Omolene 300 Horse Feed. Have questions? Be sure to contact us and a helpful member of our staff will happily find the best product for your equine. Check out Purina’s website for more information on their line of Omolene equine feed.
|Purina® Amplify® Nugget||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Natural Whole Grains||
|Healthier Hair Coat||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|LEVEL OF WORK||600||800||1,000||1,200||1,400|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture (lbs/day) *||7.0||9.5||12.0||14.5||17.0|
|Omolene #500®Horse Feed (lbs/day)**|
|Very Heavy Work||8.00||10.50||13.25||20.75||18.25|
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. For every 2 lbs of additional hay fed, decrease the amount of Omolene #500®
Horse Feed offered by 1 lb. EXAMPLE: Using the chart above, if feeding 14 lbs of hay instead of 12 lbs to a 1,000 lb moderate work horse,
reduce Omolene #500® Horse Feed offered by 1.0 lb from 7.0 to 6.0 lbs per day (2 lbs of additional hay divided by 2.0 lbs = 1.0 lb less of
Omolene #500® Horse Feed).
**Do not feed less than 0.4 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day. EXAMPLE: A 1,000 lb horse has ten 100 lb increments (1,000 divided
by 100 = 10). So for this horse, do not feed less than 4.0 lbs per day (10 x 0.4 = 4.0 lbs per day). If your horse gains too much weight at
that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Omolene #500® Horse Feed with Purina’s Nature’s Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich 32®
• Do not feed free-choice
• Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
• Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
• Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
• Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
• Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
• Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
• Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
• Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
• This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
• In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program